At CUEmu, it is our goal to create and foster an environment in which our members can generate content, provide feedback, and contribute to the development of CUEmu and its community in a fun, active, and family-friendly environment. With this goal in mind, we have created the following Rules and Guidelines:
For questions or feedback about these policies, please contact: email@example.com
Last updated: 05/16/2018
Section 1 - Account Rules and Guidelines
1.1) Multiple Accounts are not allowed. Only one account is allowed per IP Address or Per Household. Exceptions may be made to this rule under certain circumstances. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.2) All Profile Information must be appropriate. This includes but is not limited to: Signatures, Avatars, Custom Profile Fields, Your Location and Your Account Username.
1.3) Bypassing a ban or suspension is not permitted. Violations of this rule will result in a doubled suspension.
1.4) All minors under the age of 18, must have strict parental permission to use our services. Per the Childrenâ€™s Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA).
Section 2 - Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
2.1) Advertisements are strictly forbidden. Referral links to other services that are not relevant to CUEmu are not allowed. This includes messages, signatures, avatars, and usernames.
2.1.1) Infraction Points: 1
2.2) "Spamming" is strictly forbidden. Spamming or posting short messages which do not contribute to a topic are not allowed. We also define "spam" as posting continual messages one after another.
2.2.1) Infraction Points: 2
2.3) No "Flaming". Writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at another user for their views, comments, messages or username is not allowed. You are welcome to disagree with another users opinion, but please remain polite.
2.3.1) Infraction Points: 2
2.3) No "Trolling". Do not intentionally post inflammatory, extraneous or off-topic messages with the intention of getting a reaction out of someone. In other words - don't troll.
2..3.2) Infraction Points: 2
2.4) No "Inappropriate Posts". No harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically rude, crude, overtly sexual or otherwise offensive language is permitted. Do not post any nudity or pornography. Refrain from foul, crude, rude or otherwise profane language. Do not post another users real-world information.
2.4.1) Infraction Points: 5
2.5) Refrain from Political Discussion. We pride ourselves in providing a clean, creative environment for our users to collaborate. We find political discussion to only lead to potentially controversial debates which skew from the discussion goals of CUEmu.
2.5.1) Infraction Points: 1
2.6) Refrain from Religion Discussion. We pride ourselves in providing a clean, creative environment for our users to collaborate. We find religious discussion to only lead to potentially controversial debates which skew from the discussion goals of CUEmu.
2.6.1) Infraction Points: 1
2.7) Do not re-post content that was deleted or removed by a moderator/member of the staff. If you believe an action was taken unfairly or unjustly, please contact email@example.com.
2.7.1) Infraction Points: 3
2.8) Do not re-post content that was closed by a moderator/member of the staff. If you believe an action was taken unfairly or unjustly, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.8.1) Infraction Points: 3
2.9) Do not complain or post threads in regards to action taken by moderators or game staff. If you believe an action was taken unfairly or unjustly, please contact email@example.com.
2..9.1) Infraction Points: 3
2.10) Do not hack or attempt to hack any services. You may not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or disrupt the functionality of the services that contribute to CUEmu products or services.
2.10.1) Infraction Points: 50
2.11) Do not upload files or post links to files that could be considered malicious or contain viruses. You may not upload any file or post any link onto a forum discussion which may link to a malicious website, or cause another user to download a virus.
2.11.1) Infraction Points: 15
2.12)Do not attempt to access any CUEmu product or service you do not have explicit permission to use. You may not attempt to gain access to any product of service of CUEmu you do not have express permission to use.
2.12.1) Infraction Points: 10
2.13) Do not discuss anything illegal. No discussions regarding software piracy, hacking, illegal material, or exploits. Do not post links to these materials. Do not discuss anything that violates any local, state, national, or international laws.
2.13.1) Infraction Points: 5
2.14) Use the Appropriate forums. Posting in the wrong section may receive an infraction.
2.14.1) Infraction Points: 1
2.15) Keep your posts on-topic. Do not post irrelevant/off-topic things when using the forums.
2.15.1) Infraction Points: 1
2.16) No Harassment or Bullying. CUEmu believes in creating a family environment. It is for this reason, we have a Zero-Tolerance policy related to the harassment or bullying of our members. Aggressive or intimidating behavior is strictly forbidden, as well as repeatedly directing rude, crude, or otherwise inappropriate communications on CUEmu services to another member.
2.16.1) Infraction Points: 50 (Permanent Ban, as this is "Zero-Tolerance")
Section 3 - Violations of these Terms
In the event a user violates these guidelines, our staff will issue either a Warning or Infraction. Warnings are simply a reminder you will receive via Private Message. Warnings do not add to your infraction level and act only as a record of a reminder of our rules and guidelines. Infractions are a step above Warnings and act as a negative point value against your account. After you receive a certain number of infractions, your account will be suspended.
The below chart lists the number of "Points" members receive before they receive the appropriate suspension time.
5 Points - 24 Hours (No Suspension - Inability to create or reply to discussions)
10 Points - 24 Hours (Suspension)
15 Points - 7 Days
20 Points - 14 Days
25 Points - 21 Days
30 Points - 30 Days
35 Points - 60 Days
40 Points - 90 Days
45 Points - 180 Days
50 Points - Permanent
If you believe you have been issued a warning or infraction unfair or unjustly, you can file a dispute with our Community Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We deal with infractions or bans, and lifting/reversing infractions or bans on a case by case basis. If we believe an appeal is appropriate, we will issue one. However, they are issued at the discretion of the Community Staff.
Note: Depending on the severity of the infraction additional points may be added or removed as seen by the handling staff member.
Section 4 - The Do's and Don'ts
They may seem like "helpful tips", but they're also rules!
- Do be courteous and mature in your posts.
- Do feel free to disagree, but keep it constructive and appropriate.
- Do be welcoming of newcomers.
- Do ask if you have questions. We're here to help!
- Do keep it legal. Don't post anything unlawful, libelous or that infringes upon any intellectual property rights.
- Don't use your post or signature to attack or insult someone.
- Don't turn your disagreement into an attack on another person or group.
- Don't engage in name-calling, harassment or threats.
- Don't post anything that contains obscenity, vulgarity, profanity or sexual content.
- Don't attempt to bypass the obscenity filter.
- Don't disparage any religion, race, nation, gender or sexual orientation.
- Don't infringe upon another person's privacy rights.
- Don't post anything off-topic for the forum you are in.
- Don't make multiple posts on the same topic for the purpose of getting attention.
- Don't post comments in threads for the purpose of drawing attention to another thread on a different, unrelated subject.
- Don't bump, sign, quote for emphasis (QFE), "first", or "second" any thread.
- Don't cross-post the same topic to multiple forums or post the same message to multiple threads.
- Don't reserve-post to a non-guide thread.
- Don't be a troll. "Trolling" is defined as: Posting with the intent of stirring up trouble or to incite disruption. An example of trolling would be posting to a thread without the intent to provide constructive suggestions or comments and instead making disruptive comments.
- Don't post topics addressed directly to another player. Send a private message instead.
- Don't post topics addressed directly to a developer or other staff member.
- Don't use the forums to discuss private issues. If you have an issue with another player or group, take it up with them personally.
- Don't solicit to join a guild or conduct guild recruitment on the general discussion boards. Please use the forums specifically set up for this.
- Don't use the forums as staging grounds for planning disruptive activities or to promote general unrest in the form of sit-ins, polls, petitions, etc.
- Don't post exploits, cheats, hacks, or links to websites or other forums that contain such material. If you want to let the CUEmu team know about an issue like this, please send a private message.
- Don't post images or information obtained by hacking or parsing the client files.
- Don't use the forums to advertise the sale of characters, items or in-game currency for real-world money.
- Don't advertise websites with content that violates these rules, the Star Wars Galaxies EULA or the CUEmu Terms of Service.
- Do not post - or place in a signature - material (threads, posts, links, images, videos, ect), that promotes the use of, demonstrates, or endorses illegal substances as determined by substance abuse laws in the United States of America.
- Don't advertise products or websites that are not related to Star Wars Galaxies or CUEmu products.
- Do not make posts that inquire about, contain the same information as, or comment on other removed or locked posts/topics - provided that a Moderator has not said so otherwise. If you have an issue with a Moderator action, send the respective Moderator a private message.
- Don't make posts soliciting feedback about Community Support (CSR) resolutions. All requests and feedback about CS issues should be handled through petitions or emails to email@example.com.
While we will attempt to only operate based on these guidelines, please note that our staff reserve the right to take any action, at any time, for any reason. This includes closing/deleting any thread or suspending and/or banning any user or account.
For questions or feedback about these policies, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CUEmu Team