Happy New Year from the CUEmu Team!

Welcome to CUEmu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aceblade

State of the Project - May 2016

11 posts in this topic

Hi all!

its a new month and the team is checking back in. During the month of April @Valkyra worked a bit on the crafting packet issue we were having and its in a status of being partially fixed. We've got more work to do on things before we open up a test server to the public. We did think we were close to opening a public test center but hit a brick wall as mentioned in the previous State of the Project address.  

After checking in there are still a lot of things going on in the teams personal life. We are still dedicated to this project but things will be going at a slower pace than we'd like. At this point, in gathering information from the development team, I'd like to call out to anyone willing to contribute and has packet / core3 experience. If you are interested in contributing please send me a forum message or email to aceblade[at]cuemu.com

To those who have applied for the Quality Assurance Team please be aware that I have put a halt to the process on new staff members in that department until the time that there is more to test.

Finishing up the packet work relating to crafting and cell areas is the last hurdle that is preventing us from pushing forward in other areas that require a base from us to work on and any contributions are greatly appreciated. 

If anyone has any questions please feel free to post a response or message me. We want to be as transparent as we can possibly be.

-Ace

1 person likes this

I have received an email with this message at least 12 times in the last 2 days. 

yes it is spamming my email.

This was an issue with our provider who sends out our list email and has been corrected. Apologies to anyone this affected. 

We just miss you guys.

All according to plan.

So what is the status of this project? I saw it on Facebook and so I liked it and created an account here but from what I am reading it looks like it is pretty much just an idea with nothing that is playable in any way. I am a huge SWG fan and played from start to finish and have accounts on almost all of the servers out there for every era but this is the first CU one I have seen. It doesn't look like I can play it though. Will there e a playable server anytime soon?

We have an internal test server available to staff members at this time. We are working on a few packet issues currently causing a client crash in a key area (crafting) but all of the server crashes have been resolved.

Our plan is to open up the internal server to the public once the core issues are resolved. I can say that we are close but I really don't like giving estimates as they've bit us in the back end before. 

19 hours ago, Dreadlow said:

We just miss you guys.

All according to plan.

<3 u dont hate me@!

23 hours ago, Freddy said:

<3 u dont hate me@!

"Don't" is an odd word...

I'm more inclined to use "definitely", but that's just me.

1 person likes this

Update: Viewing a schematic in your datapad and opening the crafting tool are now fixed, and working. However we are still fixing the actual crafting process-related packets so that objects can be made.

5 people like this

On 5/11/2016 at 5:26 PM, Dreadlow said:

"Don't" is an odd word...

I'm more inclined to use "definitely", but that's just me.

feel so betrayed.

good work though.